Monday, June 3, 2013

a review on joyden hall

Reblogged from Feeling Feeling Kawin:
"After spilling my venue woes, one of the suggestions that came from you BTBs (thank you!) was The Joyden Hall, located at Bugis+. And while we were on the topic, in a rather timely manner, Shazana (who turned out to be my fellow marriage prep course attendee — small world!), swooped in and very kindly provided a detailed review of her Joyden Hall wedding, that took place on the 11th of May 2013.

While I think the venue might be a tad too big for my own wedding, I’ve extracted her comment so that anyone looking to hold their wedding there can locate her review more easily. It does sound like the perfect venue for a combined wedding!

Shazana’s review of The Joyden Hall:

I just had my wedding reception at Joyden Hall (on Saturday 11 May 2013). And the venue was so perfect and suited us exactly. The main hall was spacious, the stage big enough, excellent overhead projection screen, the air conditioning just right, the atrium wide enough to accommodate guests who want to mingle over cocktails, the outdoor rooftop garden was so pretty, great lighting and sound system, 2 private rooms for prayers and for the older guests to rest, attached kitchen which our Malay wedding caterer could use for washing up and heating food and the best part for me: THE CHANGING ROOM.

Because the hall is designed for theatre events, the changing room was first rate: good air conditioning, full wall to wall mirror, perfect lighting, comfortable seats, 3 cubicles (for toilets within the changing room), wash sink right next to the make up table and a row of cupboards to hang clothes. The design was so thoughtful, my make up artist was so happy! My husband and 3 friends who helped him dress could fit in comfortably along with my make up artist and my bridesmaid and I. I could change dresses in any one of the 3 the cubicles with ample privacy!

Yes the management is unfortunately pretty slow to reply to emails but that’s because they get a lot of inquiries. But they are extremely professional and the technician and ground manager who assisted us throughout the event went above and beyond their duties to make our wedding a success. In fact, everyone at Joyden Hall was on the ball for our event. They made it a huge success.

Joyden Hall is love. We were so so happy.

All our 1,600 guests were comfortable and no one had trouble finding the place since it’s close to the train station. Plus there was ample parking. And haha no one had a problem wearing baju kurung to a shopping mall. It’s our traditional dress and we look good in it. In fact, my guests attracted a lot of admiring glances from the other mall goers. If they are embarrassed though, they can take the lift directly from the basement carpark or Level 1 up to Level 7 where the hall is. They won’t be bumping into the masses that way.

Price wise, the rate is $6,900 for a half day event plus $500 weekend surcharge. $2,000 for security deposit excluding tables ($25 per table) and chairs ($3.50 per chair) and a levy fee of $5 per head for external caterer and refundable security deposit of $1,500."

For those of you who might be looking for a spaaacious air-conditioned venue in the Central area for Malay weddings! And congratulations once again on your very lovely wedding, Shaz! Super love your outfits (Syomir Izwa!!!) and your corsage bouquet (by the faaabulous Woodleigh Park woohoo!) and your outdoor photoshoot at the Eiffel Tower is mad mad mad amazing!!! Mad love.

I actually had a fleeting thought of switching to Joyden Hall if our issue with our existing venue doesn't turn out so well - I pass by the promotional wall on Joyden Hall everytime I'm on my way to work because I work near Bugis+, previously known as Iluma...


... but with this review, it planted that thought well and deep into my head. Unfortunately, a non-refundable deposit of S$2500 is at stake here and it will be very very very painful to deal with the heartache of losing $2500 because of someone else's incompetence and unsatisfactory service. A few hundred dollars maybe we can still stomach but $2500?!!!!! Boleh bayar catering untuk 178 pax more seh gitu :/

I have to admit I've been sitting on our venue issue and delaying action since my last post, partly because I hate the fact that I'm forced to deal with an issue caused by someone(s) incompetence + partly because I want to calm myself down first before dealing with it head-on. Tak manis you know buat kerja macam lembu jantan yang tengah marah haha. Plus! My mat and I wanted to gather and "arm" ourselves with as much information as possible, thus the previous post. Nak pergi perang must have enough ammunition wei! Haha. 

Thank you to everyone who emailed their experiences and well wishes, by the way! I am truly, truly touched by the help and concern received and want to reassure those who have booked Singapore Silat Federation - as long as you're handled by one of their female staff named Asiah (and another male staff named Kamal, I think), it is fine and there is no cause for worry. It is just our bad luck to have our booking managed by someone else who has been giving us less than satisfactory answers, despite our best efforts to screen through our options (My mamat and I ran ACRA searches before we booked Singapore Silat Federation ok.)

Ok, time to write in to the CEO and President of Singapore Silat Federation fellas!

4 comments:

  1. aiyohhh kesian nyaaa ur venue issues! I really hope it settles soon man, how can pple do other pple like this kan??? if not confident of delivery, dont offer la...*hugs*


    &&&& I think this is a good alternative to Blue Sky Gardenasia, cause it offers the same amount of spaciousness at the same price for half day AND its nearer to civilisation!! hahaha! but too pricey for me man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babe! and ya lah, it's terrible!!! but everything happens for a reason, i believe, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

      and yeah, i think the venue looks fab kaaannnnn + it's great to see ada review bagus from someone who did her wedding there before. if not because of the non-refundable deposit of $2500 with SSF, kita mungkin dah jump ship seh :(

      Delete
  2. Hi Farhana!

    Oooh it was great of you to share my review on Joyden Hall here. It really is a great place - centrally located, spacious, complete with amenities and professionally managed!

    Sorry to hear about your venue woes. Stay positive and doa the issues will be ironed out well in good time. All the best to you on your wedding and most importantly, have a great honeymoon!

    =)))) Shaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey shaz!

      it was a really good comprehensive review so just helping to share the word. thank YOU for letting others know about your great experience with Joyden Hall :)))

      and thanks for the well wishes, hopefully my wedding and honeymoon will be as lovely as yours :D

      Delete