Thursday, October 17, 2013

of prints and kicks

Now that I've updated the previous entry about Fluff Bakery postponing their official opening date  boohoo (check their Instagram for updates okay), back to our wedding planning progress!

Quite glad my mamat and I managed to complete all of our major tasks together by the first week of October because he had a work-related summit to go to last weekend.

Which is just as well lah, because that means we get to cut down the number of times we meet each other before the wedding. We've decided not to strictly follow the jangan-jumpa-40-hari-sebelum-kahwin pantang since we'll have to meet for the final fitting anyway, but somehow the stars are aligned in such a way sampai we didn't have to meet this week as well as the next. The weekend after next will be our final fitting (already?!!!), so we'll have to wait until then to see each other again before we officially and legally become husband and wife.

Since I was on my own last weekend, I decided to run through the list of items that my little sister has painstakingly designed for my wedding and finally went out to get half of them printed (since the other half still needs last minute edits.) Been putting off this task for quite a bit because I am very... malas. Haha. Give me a break lah okay, I'm suffering from wedding planning burnout lah!!!

(Also, my little sister will be too busy with her don't know what runway event setup two weeks leading up to my wedding so kena catch her before she starts coming back late and tired and too cranky to take my instructions lol)



Printed out the stuff at Tampines Printing Services, which is located at Century Square because I'm, again, too malas to travel out from my neighbourhood to the usual printing shops I go to at Sunshine Plaza (91 Bencoolen Street). Slightly pricier I think, but what the heck, at least I don't have to brave through the weekend crowd at Bugis area!!! Tak kuasa pe.

In case anyone wants to know which shops I usually go to when I print stuff out at Sunshine Plaza, they are Out De Box and Image N Print, located on the ground level and look like these:



For bigger orders, I've printed with One Ink Jet, which is located at Bendemeer Road, and I've blogged about their maha efficiency here. Would suggest opting for One Ink Jet only if you have transport though, because it's located at flatted factory area and kena masuk a bit dalam. Kalau nak somewhere more accessible, Sunshine Plaza lah jawabnye ye. (Thank Nani for this because she was the one who gave me all the reliable contacts when I first started out!!!)

Anyway, service at Tampines Printing Services was okay okay je, the auntie that attended to me was quite blur so I had to guide her step by step. Nasib baik I numbered the items in my thumbdrive and renamed each and every filename with the description + size required + number of pieces required e.g. 01. Contact Card (A7) x 25 pieces. So senang tengok from one glance. Kalau tak, dengan aku aku sekali confused, dengan aku aku sekali mata blink blink blink macam lampu rosak tak tau nak repair hahaha.


Oooh remember I mentioned about contact cards in my blog entry here? Finally got them printed as well so will pass them to our family, our orang orang kuat and the relevant vendors soon.


 Mad love!

And here's a cheeky picture of my sisters, who have decided to impose ERP charges on those who wish to pass through their bedroom door hahahahaha:


These speech bubbles are my favourite pieces from the loot! I know it's usually "He asked..." and "And... She said yes!" but since our original love story is terbalek, become like that lor. Hehe.


A special board to counter our concern about lurking Uncle Bobs! I've blogged about the Uncle Bob phenomenon here.


This board actually ruffled my cousin's feathers for a bit, but I hope he understands now, after my explanation. I guess if he had read and understood the message fully before jumping, he would have realized that guests are free to take their own photos and videos, not the other way round.

I mean, that's exactly what the board says, isn't it? "Take your own photos and videos if you wish"! As long as guests don't block the official photographers and videographers and only start taking their own pictures and videos after the official people are done with their shots, we're good to go. Heh. The response has been generally positive though, so I guess we're not the only ones who feel strongly about this! Hehe.

Oh, and of course I would not have finished cutting and pasting and assembling all the signages and props within such a short amount of time if not for my supermother and sisters!!!!!


Cinta sampai mati <3 <3 <3

Anyway, since dah terlanjur keluar to print the signages and props and stuff, I managed to find back-up bridal shoes at Tampines 1! Woo hoo hoo.

Yes, yes, I already have one pair of bridal shoes which I bought from JB and I really, really love but all it took was a horrified "What do you mean you only have one pair of bridal shoes??? What happens if you break your one and only pair of bridal shoes on your wedding day?!?!?!" from my middle sister to convince me to buy another pair of bridal shoes as back-up. Muahahaha.

I mean... that little naggy girl does have a point lah kan.



Not as fab as my current pair of bridal shoes imho, and does not exactly fit what I usually like but I think it looks nice and decent enough to act as back-up! What I love about this pair is the thick glittery glittery straps, and the small elastic band at the back strap which makes wearing this pair sooooo much more comfortable than my current pair of bridal shoes!!! And considering the fact that I only paid $15 for these babies... okay lah tu kan. Yay for sales at Payless! :D

Maybe I should consider wearing this pair for the solemnization... or dinner reception instead eh??? My current bridal dress for dinner reception has a bit of train and I am very, very concerned as to whether I will be able to walk properly when the time comes! Bila try try during first fitting je macam anytime boleh wobble seh. At least with this pair tak payah maintain balance sangat since it's slightly lower and I can stabilize my balance better.

Seriously tak balek modal eh, kalau pengantin dah pakai cantik cantik pastu jatuh tersungkur padang terkukur di depan khalayak ramai. ITU JAM JUGAK aku patahkan aku punya heels and walk down the aisle dengan kaki ayam. Kaki ayam as in kaki ayam the peribahasa eh, not literally kaki ayam yang beli kat pasar untuk buat jadi sup.

4 comments:

  1. U boleh buat business “Rental of Signages and Boards” for other BTBs after you are done with yours seh! Except for the contact cards la of cos, and those without your name n saliheen’s. LOL! pemalas BTB talking ni, cari jalan senang :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha! if you want for your wedding, you come walk over to my place lah, i can lend you :P

      Delete
  2. love the sign informing guests not to block the official photographer/videographer! am actually considering it myself. :)
    - geek+freak

    ReplyDelete