Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Post-Wedding Errands

So what happened after our solemnization, our sanding reception, our outdoor photoshoot and our dinner reception were over and done with?????

A whole lot of, uhm, administrative things happened! And by "administrative things", I meant these things lah actually:

Post-Wedding Errands involving Wedding Vendors


We had to make a trip down to foreign land (also known as Hougang lol) to return the gift trays to Ola Lola right after we came back from our 2D1N staycation (more on this in a separate entry!) because we promised them we'd return the gift trays on the following Monday - they had pengantins who wanted to use the acrylic gift trays for that weekend so they needed to start decorating right away.

Also had to arrange to meet our caterers to pay the balance payment and give them our post-wedding feedback. We ended up not meeting them even though I would have liked to catch up with Kak Aisyah and manager Fariq because we were just. too. freaking. TIRED. Only parents went, in the end.

But it was okay lah, because at least we were around when Bob and his Bonito By Bob team finished up their packing, and we could properly give them our thanks and wish Bob for his 18th birthday haha (Oh, and bye bye awesome bridal room, you were mega awesome while you lasted!!!!!)

Oooooh, we also had A LOT of leftover favours and dessert tier stuff so we had to pack them up and distribute to more people somemore!!! Whatever leftovers we couldn't distribute, we kept them for ourselves so we pretty much had macarons and pulut kuning for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few days lah kan. Nasib baik berak tak keluar macarons and pulut kuning kat jamban.

Transfer of Barang Barang from Saliheen's Home to My Home
(And a little surprise from Starhub!)

Saliheen had to transfer all his stuff over to my parents' place after the wedding since that's where we're staying while waiting for our BTO flat to be ready next year!

Unsurprisingly, we had to buy a few things from IKEA because all the barang barang in my bedroom doubled in amount. Boohoo. And even though my bedroom is pretty spacious, we had to buy more storage and a table from good old IKEA to accommodate Saliheen's stuff seh. Even now, we're still struggling to keep things properly packed and stored away and might have to make another trip to good old IKEA to buy more stuff for the room!

But that's okay because guess what I recently got from Starhub????? 

.
.
.
.
.


An IKEA gift card!!! 

How timely is that kan?!

What happened: I had wacky mobile connection a few days before the wedding, which was reaaaaally frustrating because I had website links to check and double check! Emails to read, emails to send! Whatsapp messages to reply! Wedding preparation moments to post on Instagram!

Vented my frustrations on Twitter (via desktop) and was pleasantly surprised when a Starhub employee tweeted to me to ask about the issue I was having. He/she was really patient and helpful in addressing my issue and even though my mobile connection stabilized on its own the day after, I was pretty impressed with their customer service seh.

Next time got problem, no need to call their customer service and wait while being put on hold already... can just tweet tweet on the go to Starhub's official Twitter account at @StarhubCares!
 
I've been a huge supporter of Starhub from the first time I needed a mobile line so it looks like I am so going to stay as a loyal customer of Starhub. Got perks ma! Maybe next time they will give me a year's worth (or two) free supply of Starhub TV cable????? #tuahandasiapayangtahu hahahahaha.
 
Oh well, a Starhub loyal supporter can dream. But that said, I guess there was a good reason why my mobile connection became wacky a few days before the wedding, eh? Rezeki pengantin much??? :D 

Honeymoon-related Errands

We went shopping for our honeymoon during the 4-day gap between our wedding day and our honeymoon and went absolutely BATSHIT CRAZY!!!!! 

No pictures as evidence because we were too caught up with the shopping but believe me - it was, like, ALL kinds of craziness broke loose that day okay.

We really borong maha borong machiam the shops going to close down for a year lor!!! Guess that is what happens when you put a couple who have not massively shopped for two years in a bunch of shops together??? So kecoh.

It was so... buruk, to the point that the two staff at Marina Square's Ripcurl outlet (or was it Quiksilver?) we were at actually asked "You guys just got married and shopping for your honeymoon, is it???" hahahahahahaha. (My bridal henna was the "newly married" giveaway, obviously, but other than that, I would like to think it's because we had seri pengantin hahahahahaha)

Packing for our honeymoon was a pretty exciting errand but I shall leave details of that for when I write my entry about our honeymoon in a few entries to come. EH EXCITEDNYA NAK TULIS PASAL HONEYMOON HEHE.

Okay lah guys, now that I've gotten the boring yawn-worthy post-wedding errands and administrative stuff out of the way, I shall stop stalling (Yes, in case you didn't notice, I've been stalling lol) and I'll now start writing and publishing my vendor review entries already.

Let the thank yous and damn yous..... begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment