Tuesday, December 10, 2013

not so golden, after all

So this exploded all over Facebook yesterday:


 


(Click to enlarge images)

I didn't engage Peti Solek The Bridal Room and have never met or worked with them before (unless you count sponsoring my friend's gubahan trays with Pretty Chic by Peti Solek) but I've followed their progress for the last 2 years plus, I've had friends who engaged their services, heard only good things about them and I have a very good impression of them based on what I've heard, what I've read and what I've seen (their postings on Facebook have been friendly and funny + their outfits are very, very pretty!)

What I can deduce from this unfortunate exchange: Golden Moment Productions is a rude, unreasonable, difficult, nasty and unprofessional service provider who resorts to public shaming, undeserved sarcasm and vulgarities, and I wouldn't want anyone to consider or recommend their services to future clients based on this episode alone! They have obviously forgotten that now is the golden era of social media, and how you conduct yourselves on social platforms can make or break your business.

I don't care if their product is good because really, why settle for a bully who does good videos when you can engage so many other awesome companies who can produce good videos (some even better) AND get along well with other vendors? Why make your genuinely nice and hardworking vendors work with douchebags like that? 

Even their mightier-than-thou social media updates are such a turn off okay! Macam mana punya bagus je. Why would anyone in the right mind engage a service provider who is boorish and shows signs of being a total dickhead ni?

Peti Solek The Bridal Room kept their composure and tackled Golden Moment Productions' baseless attacks with intelligence, good manner and grace, in my opinion, and their civilized response only serves to heighten my level of respect and awe for the bridal company.

Seriously, Golden Moment Productions have much to learn from Peti Solek The Bridal Room in terms of good manners and professionalism! Nama company je Golden Moments Productions tapi perangai and tatasusila tak golden langsung. 

Pangkah!

8 comments:

  1. hahahhahahahah my exact thoughts!
    they are such a bully and the thing about bullies are, they are often insecure about themselves and i feel that they really are and i hate their mightier-than-thou attitude as well.

    His sentence yang " strongly recommend for us to be very competitive as GMP cannot and will not tolerate such behavior."
    Tak leh angkat gegerl. Dia step mana punya company hot stuff je.
    and to think yang tulis ni semua lelaki. So bitchy for what sia.


    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sentence is SO macam paham, right?!?!?! i was so menyampah reading through their replies and postings, sungguh takde class >:(

      Delete
  2. Im in awe with petisolek calm n composed reply... And very professional of them.
    The photographer maha bitchy pls... Siap dgn hashtag bitchusifyouhateus...they have done extremely well in potraying their unprofessionalism...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah exactly, worlds apart kan their response?! it is VERY clear who is the one being unprofessional in this episode.

      the hashtags and vulgarities so tak perlu, seriously. wouldn't want to work with a company who acts like this. pfft

      Delete
  3. I engaged Yana and Yaya from Peti Solek for my wedding in late October this year and they were very nice and professional so this episode came as a shock to me.

    They allowed my videographers from Pixelwave and my photographer from Bliss, to come in half an hour to an hour before I finish getting my makeup and hair done so that they can get shots of me getting ready. Plus, my 2 girlfriends were also allowed to sit in and watch me get ready and Peti Solek didn't mind at all and even chit chat with them as well while they were doing my makeup. I don't think they would treat other vendors with disrespect.

    - Ili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly what i've heard from other couples who engaged Peti Solek! so far no bad reviews so i really think this is a one-off episode where the other party is just ngada ngada and dengki.

      i think that's the standard practice for mak andams, photographers and videographers, right? same thing happened for mine too, my mak andam allowed my photographers and videographers into the room slightly less than an hour before i was due to leave for my nikah so they can take preparation shots.

      seasoned photographers and videographers should know how to capture the right moments in that kind of setting if they're really good!

      i have no doubts about Peti Solek's professionalism, friendliness and easygoing nature even though i've never met them before because of what their previous brides (like yourself) have told me and from the way they've posted updates on social media so it's all good

      Delete
  4. OMG. I agree with Peti Solek. Which bride or groom would want a video of themselves semi-dressed and barefaced? So tak senonoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, right??? tak tau sabar nak ambik footage. if the mak andam says she'll let you in at the right time, she'll let you in lah >:(

      Delete