Monday, September 9, 2013

just another wedding-related weekend

Remember my mat and I already planned  to settle several wedding-related tasks on Saturday? 

We ended up completing only three tasks over a period of 12 hours: 

(1) sent my sisters' kain for nikah reception to my tailor;

(2) finalize the dinner reception guest list and assign their seat numbers;

(3) firm up our itinerary - it's not ready to be finalized though, because we want to run through it with our main vendors and our orang orang kuat first. Mana tau ada details that we might have missed.

Ah, well. Three completed tasks are better than none, right?

Kita lagi boleh sempat pergi majlis orang kahwin in between okay. Hehe.

The wedding that we went to last Saturday was held at Warung In The East - very cosy air-conditioned venue perfect for smaller receptions. It's located on the ground floor so it's easy to spot when guests drive pass + elderly guests and guests in wheelchairs don't have to worry about having to naik turun tangga or having to wait for lifts to transport them up and down. We drove to the location though, so I'm not sure how accessible the venue is via public transport.

The air-conditioned part of the venue was packed when we reached so we went to the non-air conditioned area outside to have our meal. Didn't sweat as much as I expected, probably because the non-conditioned area outside is shaded. Yay for that! 

The only thing that spoiled the experience a teeny weeny bit: There was a school event going on at the nearby field and they had speakers blaring louder than the sound system for the wedding - we were distracted by the event and didn't really concentrate on the music and announcements inside haha. (To be fair, I don't think this would be an issue if there wasn't any school event on that day!)

For a more thorough review on Warung In The East from a pengantin's point of view, you can read it here (written by a ex-bride who used the restaurant as her wedding venue)




Food was decent - the rice and ayam masak merah was not to my preference but tasted just fine, the sweet and sour fish might have been better if it was hot... I liked the daging rendang the most! The rempah very nice and the meat was sooooo tender!!! In fact I think theirs is one of the tenderest I've ever tried at majlis orang kahwin seh! Hur hur. I super liked their kuih muih too... the ones I tried semua sedap! There were roti kirai and mee soto stations as well but didn't try them out.

Their buffet line presentation was pretty good by the way - very simple, neat and had proper food labels. There was always someone behind the buffet line who wiped up kuah yang tertumpah and made sure food was constantly topped up. Heard their package prices are one of the more affordable ones in the market so I guess if you want something affordable and fuss-free, they're a catering company you can consider.




I've mentioned Wedding Meets Design before here! I was informed by one of their partners that they've started offering chiavari chairs in-house so if you want to save yourself the hassle of engaging decor company and chiavari chair supplier separately, you might want to consider their decor services! The decor they did that day was very nice and elegant - I especially liked the lace parasols which they used as part of the decor... tapi lupa pulak nak ambik gambar! Aiseymen.

Anyway! Berbalek kepada my preparations for my own wedding ye.

After my mat left my place at around 11pm on Saturday, he did some more work on our itinerary sampai 3 in the morning (aku adelah laze around watching Alcatraz sampai 3 pagi hahaha) and I am proud to say that he has done a fantastic job!!! Aku sungguh suka and very bangga okay with his attention to detail. Thank you for taking charge over the itinerary and making it even better, bb!!!

He improved it even further the next day (Sunday) and before korang accuse me of not contributing my part for the planning, I spent my Sunday afternoon trying to finish up our wedding website okay. Didn't get to finish it up (maybe because I was distracted by CSI and Running Man episodes hahaha) but I think I should be able to get everything up and running before the end of this week? 

It's not as snazzy or cool as the website I mentioned here but we'll have to make do with our current one, given my limited tech skills and zilch website design background (My mamat jangan cakap ah, everytime he uses the computer, I can't help but chuckle and call him Grandpa.)

Sneaky peeky of the webby! (Sorry, tiba tiba rasa macam nak jadi irritating hahaha)


Can't wait to get this over and done with so I can concentrate on other tasks. 

By the way, did your well-meaning married friends tell you your wedding to-do list will beranak pinak nearer to your wedding? Our well-meaning married friends did, and guess what? BETUL LAH SIAK.

No comments:

Post a Comment