Tuesday, July 30, 2013

count to the down

About five days ago, I posted a screenshot of our wedding countdown on Instagram:

 

Which pretty much means that by now we've already crossed over to a double digit countdown, you gaize!!!!! 95 days left, to be exact. Our friends weren't kidding sak when they warned us that time will zzzooooommm by like nobody punya business.

Naik motokar ape ni sampai laju macam gini!

But I think the countdown paling dekat and paling scary for now is this countdown:

(Yes. I have a countdown for our photoshoot, countdown for our engagement, countdown for our wedding and countdown for receipt of keys to our future home. Kalau boleh buat countdown to my next toilet break memang aku dah buat dah.)

Less than a month to the outdoor photoshoot already okay!!! Badan masih macam tong, macam mana ni?!?!?! Pakai stunt double yang muka sama but lagi kurus boleh tak????? Hahahahaha. (No progress on the #kilokhronicles journey so far - I keep losing and gaining a few kgs every other day haiz. Tengoklah macam mana nanti lepas bulan puasa. Mungkin pindah Africa untuk sementara waktu or what.)

Ooh talking about the photoshoot, coincidentally I received postcards from our photoshoot photographer Zakaria Zainal slightly after the countdown went down to less than a month -  ahhhhh I've always love receiving mail from vendors by the way, baik mails in my email inbox or mails in my physical mailbox :D


Love the postcards and note! The note started off with a "half a year has passed, with another to go" and it reminded me all the more about the next big change that both my mat and I are going to go through this fateful year.

Boleh bikin I sentimental, you know.

But before I ter-start I punya sentimental sakit mental, some updates on the preparations we've done so far for the photoshoot itself:

Photoshoot Location


Dropped by Bidadari during one of our free weekends since everyone keeps telling us about how good and spacious and quiet it is (including those who commented on my photoshoot location recce entry here) so we went to check it out... and fell in love!!! 

Exactly what we really want - spacious, ada patches of grassy fields, interesting pokok pieces without having too many trees... love it love it love it. 

It is pretty quiet - which is a good thing - but there was the occasional jogger and cyclist passing through the area while we were there so gotta keep that in mind. But okay lah boleh lah, that pretty much wraps up our chronicles in looking for a photoshoot location woop woop!

Photoshoot Dress

 

Remember I asked my mum to sew my photoshoot dress for me????? Turns out she's now too busy with Ramadhan and Syawal and ada time constraints segala so she won't be sewing one for me. BAH. 

Can't sew it myself because I am pretty much orang paling hopeless dalam dunia when it comes to DIY so tak penting eh ada hati nak sew a whole freaking dress. I knew I had to just purchase it off the rack or online... spent a few days trawling through malls but nothing caught my eye. Another BAH.

So in the end I had to turn to trusty old Etsy and found someone who can sew a dress for a slightly higher budget than I intended... but at least it will be close enough to what I've envisioned, insya Allah. Will make some minor tweaks once it arrives and I am very excitez!!! I'm actually 50/50 dengan ini budak Kim but tawakkal je lah eh?

My dress won't exactly be like the one posted in the gambar above because I requested for some tweaks - cannot be too terdedah dedah because that was one of the terms and conditions imposed by his parents before they gave us permission for a pre-wedding photoshoot ye (1. No intimate pictures 2. No revealing outfits. Yang No.2 tu nampak sah for aku lah kan, yang mamat aku nak pakai revealing revealing dah buang tebiat ke ape. Although he does have cleavage.....)

Photoshoot Props


These are DIY pompoms from my awesome tahap maksima future mother-in-law! She did the pompoms "suka suka" she says, and we're free to use them any way we want. So we thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to use them for our photoshoot! Yay yay!

So now all we have to do is figure out what exactly we want to do with them. Heh. Have one or two ideas in mind so we'll see how that pans out. We've also bought / ordered three props that we have in mind for our photoshoot so save for a few minor DIY touches, we're actually pretty ready when it comes to props :D


Oh! Also draaagged my mat to Plaza Singapura to get materials for a patricular DIY projek after visiting Bidadari and I can't wait to get cracking! Cuma between now and end of August, entah boleh dapat the free time to do it ke tidak :/

A few other stuff happening this weekend for me as well but the two wedding-related tasks would be... *drum roll perut roll lapis roll*

- Meeting my photoshoot MUA for my make-up trial. Yay!

- Collecting my lunch reception punya cards from From Fran With Love! Yay!

Hur hur. Baru benda kecik tapi excited semacam eh aku. Yay sana yay sini.

And ni baru photoshoot seh, belum lagi wedding, perasaan rollercoaster dah membuak membuak rabak macam gini. How to handle the bundles of nerves and excitement once the wedding comes ni?! 

Must remind my bridesmaids to sediakan 10 gallons of oxygen, epidural, sedatives segala during my akad nikah and sanding lah like this.

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA STOP IT EH. Altho ur mat have cleavage tu!!! hahahaa.. SO EXCITING! It is true, these double digit will soon be a single one without realising, and then you will miss the stressing, the planning on the special day. Excited for u too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahaha but it's true!!! :P

      i really have no doubt that the double digits will change to a single digit in a blink of an eye lah babe... actually truth be told, the wedding belum over pun i dah start to miss gitu! entah hape hape entah haha

      thanks for being excited for me tooooo :D

      Delete
  2. Mungkin pindah Africa HAHAHAHA IRRITATING. The DIY pom pom is so nice lah omg :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahaha ya i know irritating right :P

      and yes the pompoms are so niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice righttttt! can't wait to work on them :D

      Delete
  3. its so hard for me to lose weight too! yok ah g africa together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZZ is such an awesome guy lah, I met him only once, tak sign on with him pun dia kasi berlambak postcard dia yang cantik tu. He even offered to send me some more by mail. Sighhhhh, baik kan!! Anyways, have fun at the photoshoot ok! Confirm nanti gambar meleTOPZZZ :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup that's true! even before i engaged him, he sent cards and kept in touch all... he does that to everyone he comes in contact with! so sweet kannnnn.

      anyway thank you babe, insya Allah the gambars will meleTOPZZZ in the hands of ZZ like you say! hehe :D

      Delete