Saturday, June 15, 2013

in a heartbeat, one year later

This time last year, I received heart-wrenching news and dealt with it by writing this.


Last week would have been your first year wedding anniversary but as takdir would have it, it was not meant to be. Today, your family and friends are left mourning on your first death anniversary instead.

Perhaps this reminder of your death anniversary has come at a timely manner - in the midst of fretting over our venue issues (which was a venue we considered after you held your wedding there), I am once again reminded that there is only so much we can plan and hope and dream for our wedding, our honeymoon, our marriage, our home and our future together... because if it is not meant for us, He can and He will take them all away in a single heartbeat. No matter the place, no matter the day, no matter the time, death does not discriminate.

May you and your wife rest in peace, Najib. Al-Fateha.

2 comments:

  1. The guy was my fiancé's school mate. And even though I don't know them personally, I was still shocked and couldn't believe when my fiancé told me the news. May they rest in peace. Al-fatehah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a tragedy kan babe?! i wasn't very close to him as compared to the rest of our kfc/pizza hut friends but it still made me sick to the stomach when i heard the terrible news :(

      Delete