Friday, May 17, 2013

sweet dreams are made of laduree

My mat and I won't be having a wedding cake.

We're not planning on having a cake-cutting ceremony / suap-menyuap session (not a requirement in some kind of Malay wedding guidebook we don't know about, right?) so we haven't bothered to research or source for wedding cakes. We're definitely open to the idea if any of our relatives or friends express their intention to sponsor one for us but other than that, we don't really see a need for a wedding cake at our reception.

But yesterday, my mamat bontot gatal pergi tunjuk his mum a vvvery nice picture of a vvvery nice macaron tower posted by Syarfique of Bliss Photocinema on his Instagram:


A vvvery nice macaron tower by Ladurée, no less! 

I think the little girly girl in my future mother-in-law must have squealed so hard.

Secara kebetulan, my future brother-in-law recently bought a box of Ladurée macarons for her because she is a hardcore macaron lover. (As most of us would know by now, Laduree recently opened a store in good old sunny Singapore.) Oh, and when I say hardcore, I mean junkie punya hardcore ok - kalau boleh shoot up macarons up her nerves three times a day, mesti dia nak try punya! Haha! Unsurprisingly, my mat told me that she reaaaaally loved the Ladurée macarons and said they tasted so much better than all the other macarons that she has tasted. 

Which is why she is now considering whether to order a macaron tower for our reception since we're not going to have a wedding cake at our reception! But nothing's confirmed yet - she wants to see their quote and think it through first so I (unsurprisingly) was handed the honourable task of asking Ladurée for their quote. The whole process was quick and painless - made a call to their store, was attended to by a very friendly assistant store manager who immediately emailed me a copy of their brochure.

Realized from their brochure that they also offer the macaron cube!



 (Source: Ladurée)

VAIR CUTE HOR?! I think I prefer the macaron cube to the macaron tower, actually!

But this, my friends, is not a decision for me or my mat to make of course, since his supermother is the one who is interested and contemplating on ordering one for our reception. Yang penting I dah jalankan my amanah to obtain the quote, betul tak! If she tak nak order anything in the end then we'll be back to having no wedding cake or any other wedding cake alternatives at our reception. But at least something useful came out of this, I guess - since I already have the brochure, I'm more than happy to email it over to anyone who is interested! Alternatively, if you want to consider other choices, you can refer to Feeling Feeling Kawin's entry on macaron towers here

May you find the macaron tower of your sweet dreams, darlings!

38 comments:

  1. Hi Farhana, can u fwd me the brochure at : applegal492@gmail.com. Tank q !

    ReplyDelete
  2. strong feeling your FMIL would run off with the tower at the end of the majlis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha actually your strong feeling tu might just be right! siang siang she already tell him "nanti lepas majlis ibu nak ambik tower tu bawak balik dengan kotak dia sekali" hahahahaha

      Delete
  3. Oh yesss the cube is cuter than the tower! And resembles a cake more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh that's what i thought too! might just order that for someone's birthday or something :P

      Delete
  4. can I have the brochure please? =)

    percayalah@gmail.com

    thank you many many many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can u pls send me the quotation for the macaron cube pla, looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot sorry, can u emel to aries_3230@yahoo.com.sg thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Farhana.. can u email the brochure to me at nu12ul@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nak jugaaaakk brochure nyerrr.. thaaankksssss

    naqiahmurshid@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WADUHHHHH SO LAWA MASYALLAHHHHHHHH!!!! hahahaha. orgasm sekejap tgk macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hihi can I have the laduree brochure too? :)
    azimahghazali@hotmail.com

    Thank youuu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also want the quote... :-)

    Email add: yana_mohd@hotmail.com

    Thank you!

    Yana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Babe, can email me the quote for Laduree too? I wanna kaypoh2 jugak hehe! atasteofsuicidal@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, could you send me the quotation too... thanks.. shidah_12@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi babe! Would u be able to email me the brochure too?
    nurhidayah.hassan@hotmail.com

    Thx !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Farhana,

    Could you also email me their brochure at nursyafiqahsss@gmail.com? Thanks a lot!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear! Can send me an email of he brochure at janna.rahim@gmail.com. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi babe cn email me pqah_87@hotmail.com? Thnks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello farhana could you email me a copy of the brochure too thanks leslielwj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete