Thursday, December 27, 2012

you're the honey... to my moon?

We recently realized that in our kesebokkan to put our wedding together and finding alternative ideas segala, we haven't really planned for one other major thing...


... our honeymoon terbengkalai lah seh :/

We've set aside the budget, and we've briefly mentioned ideas to each other once in awhile but we haven't really made up our minds on where to go! Our chosen destination will most likely be somewhere really safe, tried-and-tested routes segala because my mat is not exactly the adventurous sort (I cannot seem to make him want to agree to try bungee jumping - I LOVED the experience - but I'm really, really, really hoping he will layan my karenah and go skydiving with me one day!!! Before our tulang dah reput, at least. Kalau tulang dah reput baru nak skydive nampaknya so long and farewell my friend lah jawabnye.)

[Side story: I think my adventurous streak has tremendously mellowed down over the years, probably because I'm in a relationship with a super boring scaredy cat who worries excessively about all the what-ifs, and his pessimism has rubbed off on me somehow + I watch and read (and get too heavily influenced by) too many crime documentaries / stories for my own good.

Did you know that in my teens, I used to dream of backpacking all around Brazil? That was until I watched Turistas, and that movie freaked the bejeezus out of me ok. Didn't help lah kan crime investigation and forensic science shows (both betul and bedek shows) like CSI pun selalu ada portray Brazil as a country teeming with thugs and all the bad stuff e.g. CSI Miami: Horatio in Brazil...

... maka tamatlah riwayat niat aku nak backpack ke Brazil. Amin.]

One of the reasons why I'm having difficulty putting my foot down as to which destination I really want to go to for our honeymoon might also be due to the fact that I grew up in a family that didn't spend on holidays - the only countries I've ever travelled to is Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Australia - so I'm very overly jakun about this whole travelling hullabaloo that I cannot decide which countries to travel to first!

Let's look at the honeymoon options that my mat and I have mentioned a few times to each other before, and we'll work it out from there:

Maldives


The only beach destination that we've seriously considered before is Maldives - we have quite a number of friends who went there for their honeymoon and came back with glowing reviews. (Will blog more on this when I  have more details!) Another 'pull' factor is the fact that the main religion in Maldives is Islam - hoi hoi hoi assalamualaikum, sedara! Hur hur hur.

We've looked at Boracay, Phillipines before for one of my birthday trips (we ended up going to Phuket, Thailand) but somehow Maldives seems like a more exciting option for honeymoon, yes? Might have to re-look at our research on Boracay again and see where that leads us.

Korea


Have mentioned why there is interest to go to Korea here before!

While I'm keen to go Korea (sebab nak stalk TOP from Big Bang pastu kahwin lari dengan dia), I'd prefer to go to Korea for something other than honeymoon - maybe break-from-work holiday trip? Anniversary trip? Birthday trip? Not really as a honeymoon ah, although I might be more open to this option if we add in a quick beach trip after that ala what my friend Ika did for her honeymoon - she and her husband went to Korea for a 5D4N stay then flew to Bali for a 4D3N stay before coming back to Singapore.

I quite like the idea of visiting two countries at one shot and am starting to toy around with such an idea - maybe this is something we can explore? Ending off with a beach holiday destination (provided the first destination is not a beach holiday one) sounds quite tempting!

Will have to calculate how much more that will cost us to see if it's worth it first. Maklumlah... ni semua bayar pakai duit yer my friends, bukan bayar pakai rambut atau bulu dada yer.

Eastern Europe


The reason why we have the idea of travelling to Eastern Europe for our honeymoon as mentioned here!

If there is one place that I really, really want to visit in the whole wide world, it is the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp - but now I'm not so sure whether I want to make that our honeymoon. After going through the options in my head, a beach destination for our honeymoon seems to be the best bet since both of us are huge fans of beach holidays and I would want to sit back and chillax after membanting tulang for the wedding preparations segala, instead of walking around to shop or to see historical monuments, stuff like that.

I guess our ultimate choice will also depend on the quality of travel deals that's going to be on sale at the upcoming awesome Natas Travel Fair 2013!!!



(Source: Singapore Expo)

Woohoo! Quite excited to recce for honeymoon deals at Natas Travel Fair next! Don't think we'll book any deals at this upcoming travel fair - we're under the impression that they'll usually hold one early of the year, and another one at the end of the year, so we're targeting to recce deals and prices at this upcoming February one pastu end of the year punya baru kita will book, in shaa Allah. Itu pun depends lah kalau the deals are attractive enough - kalau tak, we'll just have to book our honeymoon on a separate occasion.

Nampak nampaknye, kami berdua sudah bersedia untuk mara ke peringkat yang seterusnye yer tuan tuan dan puan puan. Jangan terkejut, jangan terperanjat, ini semua memang natural yer - Lepas dah puas pergi wedding exhibitions, pastu pergi travel fairs pulak, then esok lusa pergi furniture fairs, then after that kalau ada rezeki, terus serbu babywear exhibitions pulak. Heh heh heh. Jumpa anda di sana!

No comments:

Post a Comment