Sunday, December 2, 2012

SCHEME

Saaaaayang the liaison person for our venue sooo much for being such a sweetheart!

When we first asked Dzul for our first site visit, we requested for it to be scheduled on a Sunday (which was his non-working day) because of our circumstances at that time and he graciously allowed an exception for us to do so. Then baru baru ni when we wanted to go down for a second site visit, we contacted him to ask whether we could go down to the venue last Deepavali break - we were trying our luck, really, it was a public holiday seh - we actually expected him to tell us to re-schedule and would've applied for half day leave or head down after work. But he gave us a quick OK and so off we went to our wedding venue for the second time!

Ok.  The reason why we wanted to do a second site visit was because memories of our wedding venue were pretty sketchy and we couldn't really remember the colours of the venue itself, which hampered our decision on our wedding colour scheme. You see, initially we sort of had an idea on what colours we wanted for our wedding decor but I told my mat to put a hold to it first because I was feeling 50/50 as to whether our initial colour scheme will match the colours of our venue.

Lo and behold, our second site visit proved to be really useful because after we took pictures and refreshed our memories on the venue size and colours - BAM! - we realized that our initial colour scheme did not really match the venue! Plus, the venue is much bigger than I remembered it to be!

I guess it's true what some of our friends have said about our venue - that our decor might tenggelam or look bare because of the size of our venue. Ini part dah kena accept the fact that we can't have our cake and eat it too - since we want a huge spacious venue, we'll have to accept this possibility of our venue looking quite bare even after dah kena decorated cantik cantik, ye tak?!

(Remember to take note of the size and colours of your venue the first time you visit it, especially if it's somewhere that is not as accessible as void decks or neighbourhood multi-purpose halls ok guys. It'll help with layout and colour scheme planning! Take pictures if possible, if not, ask for pictures from the venue's liaison person for reference. We didn't do this the first time we went down to our chosen venue, which is why we had to schedule this second trip after we couldn't visualize solely based on memory.

Now that I'm saying this, it's actually quite silly because it sounds like something very basic but my mamat and I were so taken in by how it was the best possible venue choice for us and it was a whirlwind process of understanding the terms and conditions and coming up with possible various layouts on the spot that it totally slipped our minds.)

Went back to our drawing board after the second site visit and our planning became so much more easier and clearer because we've decided to incorporate the colour of the large windows of our venue as one of the main colours for our colour scheme! The downside is that we're limited to the colours that can match the colours of the venue windows, but the upside is that we've become much more focused on what colours to use and play around with for our decor colour scheme.

Very, very, very glad we went down to the venue again! Might also go down to see the venue when there is a wedding in full swing as suggested by another one of our unofficial wedding advisors Sham (Thanks for all your help and input so far, bro! Heehee), but for now the wedding pictures that Dzul has given us and the pictures we've seen of weddings held at the same venue on Facebook is sufficient for us to roughly visualize how a wedding will look like at our chosen venue.

The next thing to do relating to our wedding colour scheme is to send it for my future mother-in-law's approval! Ala ala hantar proposal to management for approval gitu! Egads!

Akak iz very seram and very sejuk because unlike my own chill-lek semua-ok-boleh-go-lantak-kau-lah-budak mother, my future mother-in-law has... specific things that she likes or prefers.

Jeng jeng jenggggggg.

Bila dengar gitu, rasa macam gerun kan! Turun Battlestar Galactica rollercoaster kat USS tak pakai seatbelts pun tak gerun macam gini seh.

Ok that made her sound very the bekas bridezilla bakal mertua buas hahahahaha but hep heppppp, don't get me wrong eh! She's actually very easy to get along with (at least from my observation and interaction with her so far, Alhamdullilah), she's very learned and tertib and very pentingkan adab - senang cakap she's made up of a good heart, good manners and all the good stuff.

My only concern as of now is the fact that her taste is very different from mine.

I know some people complain their parents or future parents-in-law suka design or nak benda yang orbit orbit but my issue is of a different kind - I have no complains about my future mother-in-law's taste in decor and stuff because her taste is, in actual fact, top of the notch! She loves and appreciates all things classic and sophisticated and romantic and I'm grateful to have such a fabulously modern future mother-in-law.

Unfortunately, it is because her taste is very classic and sophisticated and romantic, there is an issue - my taste is far from classic and sophisticated and romantic.

Aku kalau boleh nak bentang rainbow carpet, gantung party streamers all over the ceiling and walls and set up colourful waterslides segala right smack in the middle of our reception seh kalau boleh. Hahahahaha. Senang cakap, I prefer things to be loud and bright and fresh and fun! Y'know? (This explains the choice of colours for my engagement, really. Haha)

And anak dia sendiri tak romantic langsung! Ape kebenda decor kahwin nak feeling feeling romantic?! To have a romantic setting for our wedding will not reflective of us as couple and we will only be lying to ourselves *cough drama cough auta cough*

I guess the good thing is both my mat and I have identified this possible clash earlier on, which is why we decided to arrange a discussion with his parents (or specifically, his mother) sometime next month - at least we can get to a persefahaman before we meet the boys from Kasai Sayang. Kalau tak kesian dorang, headache the pengantin want that and this but the future parents-in-law don't agree! I pun tak nak my future mother-in-law to get a rude shock when she masuk the wedding venue and suddenly find a circus for her majlis haha.

We're trying to strike a balance between my taste and his mother's taste in particular, although I've already mentally prepared myself for the possibility that I might even end up with a subdued wedding decor, siap with pale colours to suit a classy romantic setting (bye bye bright colours ku sayang..........)

Haiiiii, belum masuk gelanggang dah kena give up satu benda hahahahaha kalau ada cita cita nak jadi freedom fighter, dah boleh lupakan saje seh ni hahaha

Going for the discussion with a positive mind and positive heart, though! Because positive mind + positive heart = positive results. (Betul tak bedek! Cuba try. Dah cuba lepas tu try) Cannottttt wait for all the menyebok sebok kerja things to be settled latest by mid December so I can start working on my moodboards and proposal for presentation to my future mother-in-law before the year ends. Just for kicks, I'm going to do two moodboards - one that incorporates elements that I like and I think she might like and approve and another one that has all the elements that I like and will include if I didn't have to consider someone else's opinions and tastes for my presentation to her as well!

Mana lah tau......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment