Sunday, October 21, 2012

#shamsyah + #natazmin


It's been so freaking hectic at work!

Not that I'm surprised, of course, because after working at my current workplace for two years plus, I'm well aware that peak periods for my department are from late February to late April and from late September to late November. Just gotta grit through the next one month plus because once December cruises by, I'll be back with quicker email replies and regular updates. Hehe.

First things first, before I officially change the name for one of my vendors under the Vendors page (Yes, we changed one of our vendors! Gasp!), I just want to do a quick one on Shamir and Aisyah's wedding that happened last two weeks. Mari kita mulakan dengan gambar gambar dulu yer.











[Pictures from my Instagram, Flipside Stories and friends of the couple who tagged pictures in FB]

Overall it was a lovely wedding for the lovely couple (even though there were issues that could've been handled better) and they looked super fab on their wedding day thanks to Aisyah (lol Aisyah the MUA dolling up Aisyah the bride) from Anggun Wedding Services! Absolutely adored the nikah outfit and accessories, the baju melayu for sanding was a bit so-so (only my opinion, of course) but the indian outfit for their sanding was so exquisitely cantik and I very suka! But the hot favourite among the guests (also the bride's favourite) is the wedding dinner dress which suited Aisyah's style so, so well. Looks like the couple's brave decision to switch their andaman to Anggun Wedding Services two months before their wedding was well worth it :D

As for the wedding food, personally I wasn't a fan of  the way the food was served and its presentation but tak boleh deny that the food from Hassan Rabit Catering is super good and from reviews, guests enjoyed eating the food tremendously... itulah yang paling penting for a majlis kahwin, betul tak! Part part cerewet pasal presentation and serving style ni semua only leceh people like me will fuss about. Heh heh heh.

Oh, in case anyone's looking for a super big air-conditioned hall for a Malay wedding (especially suitable for combined wedding receptions), the multi-purpose hall at Grassroots Club is a very good place for you to consider! Their hall is very spacious and the location is easily accessible to your guests, even if they're travelling by public transport (Yio Chu Kang MRT kat sebelah je, you buat two or three standing broad jumps je dah sampai). It really is unfortunate that the venue is in Ang Mo Kio, because this would have been our first choice if it's in the Eastern/Central part of Singapore!

Ok I know this was supposed to be a quick one but I have a buruk habit of not making my blog entries "a quick one" because I'm panjang lebar menjela like that - so the next time I say it'll be a quick one, you JANGAN HARAP LAH it'll be a quick one. Hahahahaha.

The reason why this entry will not be a quick one is because I also want to blog about the maha gorgeous wedding of Natasha and Azmin!!! Ok, Nat and I have never actually met in real life - Nat came across this blog few months back, and after few comments here and there and a long list of recommended venues (with pros and cons) which she very generously shared with me, we started corresponding via emails. When I lamented that I've never tasted wedding food from Anggun Wedding Services before, Nat very kindly invited my mat and I to her wedding because they're her wedding caterers! So nice, hor?!

Which reminds me... I should remember to ask Nat whether they delivered their services well and whether their food is as good as I've heard.

Ok the reason why I need to ask is because I couldn't make it to her wedding in the end!!!

Boo freaking hoo, please. It was really unfortunate for me that her wedding date fell on the same day(s) as Nani's! I really thought I could've made it in time because I already planned the timing sui sui in my head but it was just not my rezeki. It started raining after Nani's solemnization and we had to wait until cuaca reda before we can head out for the outdoor photoshoot (the sun turned merciless while we were finally out for it!!! Cilakz). By the time we were done, my mat and I dah almost terlentang kat tepi longkang and it was already too late to make it for the wedding.

We ended up skipping two other weddings that we had on that day as well.

(Yes. We had four freaking weddings to attend that weekend ok. FOUR. Asal tak multiply by five jadikan twenty weddings sekali kan?!?!?!

Hahaha ok lah, takmu drama lah, actually we could have made it for all four weddings if we were not Nani and Poji's orang kuat lah. But we were, so... we should've anticipated the last minute plan changes and the physical and mental exhaustion that orang-orang kuat for weddings pikul lah.)

Very sorry to pengantins whose weddings we missed! Kita janji tak buat lagi ok. Haha.)

Anyway, it was our loss to miss Nat and Azmin's wedding, because it was so awesomely lawa!

No picture, no talk? NAH. PICTURES.






[Pictures from friends of the couple who tagged them on FB]

How bloody lawa are the outfits and the make-up hairdo segala?! I know some might not agree with me (especially those yang lagi suka dramatic make-up and complicated bridal outfits with renda renda bulu bulu labuci labuci berkilauan from head to toe with puffed up sleeves and kain terikat terbelit) but I like my bridal outfits and andaman simple but classy level: 1000 ok.

Of course, it's a bonus that the bride herself is a natural stunner so semua baju pakai pun will nampak lawa gila lah! Just a touch from the magical hands of Abang Hadi from Versari Ade, and we have a winner, betul tak?!

Oh, and I very the jatuh hati jatuh tangga with the wedding dinner dress, please!!! If that was my wedding dress, I'd wear it to sleep for the next ten years of my life. Betul tak bedek.

Also have nothing but praises for the decor and dais for their afternoon reception (not my style but how can I deny how lawa and royal they are kan?!) but the decor for their dinner reception lagi an absolute dream!!! Why am I not surprised that the decor company responsible for such awesomeness is The Wedding Chateau??? I love, love, love the stuff done by The Wedding Chateau but I think I'll save my thoughts on them for another day. Because kalau I go on, this will become a 3000-page report. Bukan 3000-word report yer, 3000-PAGE report.

(I must mention that I'm digging the napoleon chairs - although I know there are people who will throw up their arms and say "IT'S ONLY A BLOODY CHAIR! THEY ALL WORK THE SAME!" which is true lah but WHATEVZ, aku suka pulak and malas nak explain myself pulak. Haha!

Anyway, when I was telling Nani about Nat's wedding, I joked about how Nat has earned the right to flip her hair and say "Chiavari chairs? What chiavari chairs? Bitch please, I'm having Napoleon chairs at my wedding.")


Hahaha! Sorry, I couldn't help but finish that off with a gif.

I think it also helps that the venue that the couple booked for their wedding dinner memang cantik on its own!!! It's none other than the beautiful Alkaff Mansion, located at Telok Blangah Green. Nat told me they have a huge outdoor courtyard at the bottom of the hill (the mansion itself is on the hill), where there's an air-conditioned marquee specially for events. Best part is: you can bring in your own caterers! (Beautiful music to your ears, if you're a bride-to-be struggling to find a spacious venue that allows you to bring in your own caterers. I cannot even begin to express how unbearably pissed I get when I see or hear the line "you must use our in-house caterers if you want to book our venue for your wedding event" URGH. SO JIJIK.)

Ok that wraps up my blog entry for today! In case anyone starts thinking that every wedding pun amazing and gorgeous and awesome to me hahaha I should probably put on record yang that's not true!!! The only reason why it sounds like I'm always raving or almost raving about my friends' weddings is because...

... takkan I want to talk bad or make fun of weddings that I don't like / don't enjoy kan??? If it was your wedding I find fault with, you suka tak??? Tak suka kan??? Tak baik of me kan??? Which is why I only blog about weddings that I truly and genuinely enjoy attending or seeing on Facebook, which also explains why I'm always squealing about the awesomeness of the ones I do end up blogging about. Heh heh. If there are aspects of the wedding that I personally did not like, I usually glaze over with an unenthusiastic line or two or totally not mention about it at all.

Of course there are times I want to fully bitch and fully whine about the merepek and buruk parts of weddings or the dirty tactics or perangai buruk of merepek and/or snarky wedding vendors that I've heard or seen with my own kepala mata but I can't and I won't (unless they've been reported all over) because lain orang, lain experience, lain pendapat.

All these things better to simpan belakang tabir because very the sensitip, nyah. Kawan kewat I pun tak sensitive sampai tahap kritikal macam gini, nyah.

Ok, ok, I'm well aware that I started this entry wanting to ceritakan about changing one of our wedding vendors but dah tak cukup masa ni because I'm rushing off to have breakfast and movie with my mamat. Ni kirakan aku macam feeling feeling drama cliffhanger lah gitu, kalau nak tau perkembangan seterusnya, watch out for the next episode update! Ciao.

45 comments:

  1. omgggg... the alkaff mansion venue is BEAUTIFUL. do you by any chance know the rental quote? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGG THE SECOND WEDDING IS YOUR FRIEND'S? i saw the photos on VA's FB Page, but had no idea that not only was the bride beautiful, the WHOLE WEDDING ISSS gagagagagagagagagaag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY CANTIK RIGHT!!! maybe it's a good thing I didn't get to go to her wedding in the end, agaknya hyperventilate until pengsan bila dah sampai hahaha

      Delete
  3. I also saw her on VA's facebook update..very gorgeous seh. Now I'm slowly regretting for not taking their services for my wedding. Btw I pun nak tahu alkaff mansion's rental..hehehe. Later I drop u an email k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't regret, babe! if you have faith in your current bridal/MUA, insya Allah your andaman will turn out as good and you will love it as well ^^

      will reply your email once i receive it!

      Delete
  4. Hello!! Can I know the rental rates for alkaff mansion marquee too? Thanks! Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear! will need your email address so i can pass it to you :)

      Delete
    2. Adam.hudzaifah@gmail.com. thanks for the help, always a joy reading ur blog

      Delete
    3. thank you! very nice of you hehe anyway, emailed you already ya :)

      Delete
  5. Hi dear! I'm on a lookout for a garden themed wedding and saw ur blogposts! I also like to know the rental rates for Alkaff mansion!!! I hope you could help me out my email is pq_cloudie@Hotmail.com . Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I know who did the decor at grassroots club?? Whats the company name? The decor is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi. can i know the rental of alkaff mansion? farah_167@hotmail.com

    anyway, been reading your blog. love it..!really helpful for future btb ... may Allah bless you with neverending journey of love and togetherness. Wishing you a happy and blissful marriage life in advance.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! emailed you the rates already!

      thank you so much for taking the time to read and enjoy my blog, babe. very grateful for the well wishes and would like to wish you and your HTB the same - may your future marriage be blessed with lots of love and happiness :)

      Delete
  8. Hi
    Can I know the rental price for both venues please?
    nurazreenamat@gmail.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear! Your blog has been so informative, not to mention hilarious! :) If you don't mind, could you email me the rental rates for both venues? Omg, the second wedding venue and deco is super gorgeous :O!!

    ferisha.abbas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey babe! thanks for the kind words, truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart! hehe.

      and sure, i've emailed you about both venues... check your email inbox ok? and yup, definitely agree with you about the second venue and deco. super gorgeous gila kan?!!!

      Delete
  10. Hi sweets,
    do u mind share with me the rental rates for bth venue? Thk u so much!! x0x0! ;)
    nuriesz8985@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I ve stumbled upon your blog while researching for my wedding venue..Do u happen to have the rates for the alkaff mansion? Thanks so much! Such a beautiful wedding! marliyana.pauzi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Do you know where can I source out the big banner eg from your post - "Syamir & Aisyah Wedding".

    Thank you in advance.
    velvet_glitz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that signage was printed by my friends' wedding planner, babe!

      but i've emailed you several names that you can approach to help you print signages for weddings, at a fee :)

      Delete
  13. Hi dear.. Another BTB falling in love with the Alkaff Mansion!!! It would be sooo great if you could email me the rental rates! My email add is suhaila.mohdnoor@gmail.com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi dear, may i have the quotations for Alkaff Mansion too? Thank you!

    my email: babybluehoney88@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aishaikyb@gmail.com.... For the alkhaff prices... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey babe! Love your wedding post and the whole mix of english and malay hahaha. I would like to know the rental quote as well please xxx

    shiqin_90@hotmail.com

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thank you! :D

      have emailed you on the rental quote for alkaff mansion :)

      Delete
  17. Hey babe, I'm so thankful I found your blog! It is my reference for like a whole lot of things! hahaha Can you also email me the rental quotes for Alkaff? nuraini.jaffar@gmail.com oh and thank you for recommending Ishq by Nora Zee! I have emailed her for quotes and is considering her as one of my vendors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! emailed you about the rental rates so please check your email inbox okie? :)

      glad to hear you're considering ishq by nora zee too! she's amazing!

      Delete
  18. Hie dear, stumbled on ur blog.. brilliant info!! Please may I hv the quotation for both venues? heard grassroot amk having reno and nt open for 2014 slot. But nt certain on tht. Anyways, my email is efahnaqilah@yahoo.com. do drop me the quotation for both venue.. thanks loads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! have emailed you the quotations for both venues - and yes, you heard right, grassroots is having renovations and the dates for 2014 are kind of tentative now... will need to check with their management!

      Delete
  19. Hi dear! Stumbled upon your blog while googling for perfect venues for combined wedding. Mind sharing me the rental price for both venues? Thank you! Your entries have been really helpful for future btb. Anyway, here's my email; ssbms@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey babe, so sorry i missed replying your comment! i've emailed you the rates so check your inbox okay :)

      Delete
  20. Hi babe, Abigail here, I'm looking to book the marquee for my wedding too, coulld I trouble you for the quotations as well? Thank you so much!
    abigail.dawes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello babe! i'm not sure about rates for marquee, i only got the rates from my friends for the venue rental itself.

      Delete
  21. Hi..cld i trouble u to email me e rental rates..plzzzzz..wld really appreciate it.. aidy0587@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm assuming you are asking about alkaff mansion rates? emailed!

      Delete