Sunday, September 29, 2013

kalau ade jodoh X ribbons n ties

I first read about Kalau Ade Jodoh from Amalina of Chase The Bride when she wrote about them here, and then fell in love with their decor when she posted more of their works here

Followed them on Facebook but there hasn't been regular *regular* updates (nothing on Instagram too boohoo), but earlier today they posted a sneak peak of one of their new client's decor and I suddenly remembered again why their pelamins caught my attention:

(Credit: Kalau Ade Jodoh)

Okay, save for the rantings coming out from the vase (I think I have made it pretty clear on my blog that I hate anything branches / ranting ranting HAHA), I have mad love for everything else:

  • the plain white loveseat 

  • the minimized use of greenery and leaves - again, my dislike for excessive use of leaves is something I have made pretty clear on my blog haha

  • the lovely drapes for the dais backdrop - my mamat LURVESSSSS pelamins with that kind of drapes okay, and he actually nak that kind of backdrop for our pelamin but since I prefer something else, we have had to compromise on our own pelamin punya look and feel heh 

  • they use plain white or plain reflective flower stands for the pelamin sides (what do you call those square boxes that hold the flowers at the pelamin ah) + tall clear vases with clear water inside to hold the flowers!!!!! - my mamat and I always fret over how most local decorators will use roman vases for the pelamin flowers (which we are not really a fan of, in the first place) even when tak kena dengan the decor concept :( 

  • it's an open concept pelamin! (I love open concept pelamins)

Might not be so clear from the picture above because of the narrow picture angle so I hijack two pictures of their pelamins from Amalina to post here lah (Thank you for the permission babe!):


 (Credit: Chase The Bride)

I'm a bit disturbed by the discolouring (?) on the second setup punya carpet but that might have been caused by... I don't know - Rain water? Accidental water spillage? Which might have been an incident that happened out of their control lah eh, cannot salahkan. Oh, but kenapa the two stands (pillars?) kat depan tak sama distance from the carpet... akak anal tau benda gini! Okay okay, maybe belum adjust betul betul when this picture was taken lah hur hur. 

But I guess it's not that bad since these pelamins were not for clients' weddings, but for their showcase in April. Pretty sure they've learned from experience and made improvements over the past few months! Plus cannot ignore their lawa and improving pelamin setups lah. Only wish they'd upload more pictures on a regular basis and share pictures of the whole decor setup, including the guest area, reception area and bridal table on their social media platforms.

Oh, Amalina also mentioned that Kalau Ade Jodoh were in collaboration with Ribbons N Ties for their showcase in her entry - which is another vendor that I stumbled upon earlier when another bride-to-be in my Facebook liked their page and it appeared on my news feed (Can't remember who it was, though!) Only listed them in my Directory before this but never got round to mentioning them in an entry - they're yet another gubahan vendor for pengantins to consider, especially for those who prefer something very simple but still sedap mata memandang!








Oh, oh, oh, Ribbons N Ties also offers other services such as in-house mini dais, bridal room, bunga rampai and sireh dara!!! Power lah. I really suka you know, when wedding vendors can offer many types of services under one roof macam gitu:




(Credit: Ribbons N Ties)

Really hope to see greater and fresher offerings from Kalau Ade Jodoh and Ribbons N Ties in the near future! Macam best gitu kan when vendors start to step up their game... lucky seh all you up and coming bakal pengantin (I know there are 2016 pengantins-to-be starting to lurk around haha!). Or unlucky, since korang will become more mata rambang lah kan HAHA.

Okay nak tido now, besok this bakal retiring pengantin got more wedding errands to run.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Farhana! I love your blog!! It is so informational for brides-to-be (padehal I belum nak kawin, calon pon takde T_T) and at times very funny! I nak share with you another vendor for bilik deco and hantaran called Our Midas Touch. It's so cantik (for me lah, I don't know about you.heheh) https://www.facebook.com/OurMidasTouchsg

    Just sharing :)
    (btw,ni bukan i nye company, i just share je coz its too pwettyyyyy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello dear! thank you so much for taking the time to comment and i'm very happy to hear you enjoy reading my blog hehe

      and thanks for the recommendation! our midas touch has been around for some time and i've been to their showcase before... very nice :)

      Delete