Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY this, DIY that

We were actually not planning to buy any props for our outdoor photoshoot because we figured the main feature that we'll be bringing in will more than make up for it.

But after our discussion with Zakaria Zainal (who is very lovely and very insightful in person, by the way!) on Monday, we realized that what we're planning might not be sufficient... which is why we've now decided to have propsssss, y'all :D

I'm trying my best to make the photoshoot as DIY as possible (even though I am the most rubbish person when it comes to DIY lolololol) so I've already collated several tutorials to run trials on. Some of the stuff we're incorporating our outdoor photoshoot with!

Pinwheels


(Source: Etsy)

(Source: Bridesmaid)

 (Source: Unknown)


(Source: Wscottchester Blog


(Source: Project Wedding)

This was actually sparked by the memory of my little cousin Shah Indra playing with this pinwheel toy at our engagement ceremony....


... and I thought it'd be great to incorporate pinwheels into the photoshoot since they're fun and they're colourful - the two exact elements that we want for our outdoor photoshoot. The only part I'm still not sure about is whether to do the usual matte ones using papers or felts or shiny ones like these. (Of course if the DIY process doesn't pan out well, we can always ask Shah Indra where he bought his pinwheel toy HAHA)

Oh, the best part about DIY pinwheels is the part where I can rope in people to help me with this: My sister has these awesome patterned square papers that she has used before to make pinwheels for her bedroom decor + and then there's Nani the DIY Diva! HALLO NANI! Amaciam, dah lama tak unleash the DIY Diva in you kan heh heh heh. 

Especially great to rope her in for this because she was the one who pernah cakap she wants to have a go at creating a DIY pinwheel bouquet, and she was the one who DIY-ed pinwheels for one of our picnics a few years back:


Oh, I also thought pinwheels will be great because it's senang nak buat ha. ha. ha. ha. ha.

Fabric or Felt Bouquets

At first I thought of just buying rainbow roses bouquet but on second thoughts, I didn't think that it would be fun enough as compared to some of the DIY fabric or DIY felt bouquets that I've seen before sooooo...


 (Source: Unknown)

 (Source: Camille Styles)

(Source: The Brides' Cafe)

(Source: Kreated by Kelly)

(Source: Labelle Bride)




I was so excited squealing through pages and pages of the wonderful world wide web during the last half an hour in office that I decided to drop by the Art Friend outlet near my office to grab some materials to do a trial once I reached home:


Not perfect but I quite like it! Not bad for a DIY noobie who is used to taking the easy way out by paying someone else to do it for me ok. I had a very hard time trying to suppress thoughts of "Eh nak patah pe tulang belakang aku duduk potong ini bendealah" (padahal baru buat 1, 2 pieces LOL) and "Siak ah aku bayar $12 for everything, puas hati aku top up lagi $12 to $15 boleh beli and ship in the pom pom flowers bouquet from Etsy seh.

HAIYA HOW ALL YOU DIY QUEENS DO THIS NI?!?!?! HAIZZZZZ

Anyway. Will experiment with a few other materials and few other designs (from the links above) before I decide which one will work the best. Maybe buying a cute pom pom bouquet from Etsy will work the best eh OK NO.

There are a few more ideas that we have on hand when it comes to props for the outdoor photoshoot but I think don't need to share everything right now lah ok. Nak jugak kasi surprise to our friends! Hehe. Plus I don't want to be too ambitious sampai everything gets rushed or terlalu banyak props sampai it messes up the look too much - too many elements in a photoshoot might take the essence away from the main purpose of the photoshoot - the couple themselves. (Zakaria warned us about this too!)

There are some ideas here if you're not sure what props you want for your wedding photoshoot... I think I quite like the exploding lollipops one hahahahaha. I know balloons are popular but definitely no balloons for us because I'm not a fan. My mat jangan cakap, dia lagi not a fan because he is scared of balloons.

And yes guys, you read that right - my mat yang badan besar muka fierce ni is scared of balloons ok. Macamlah itu balloon nak creep up on him in the middle of the night and drag him to a torture dungeon lah kan.

4 comments:

  1. Haha why he's scared of balloons! Balloons cute sey! I wanna have balloons for my photoshoot. And bubbles! Haha. Thought of the DIY bouquet too. But my DIY skills eh maybe even terok than yours. Thinking of asking my sister to help kalau dia tanak help beli je la ape yang ade. Haha. And thanks for the link I can now have more ideas on what props to have during the photoshoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because he ever kena hurt by a balloon that popped in his face. lolz so kentalz. anyway babe, try lah DIY! actually i don't really like DIY all that much also, but ni cuba cuba je, rajinkan diri. heh.

      oh, all the best for your photoshoot!!! :D

      Delete
  2. eh pinwheel bouquet, chicken dodol. name time and place, i'll be there.

    ReplyDelete