Thursday, May 16, 2013

sneak peeks of 2014

One of our future neighbours (whom I've been acquainted with since zaman secondary school) recently posted a picture of our BTO site on Instagram:


MAK DATOK, DAH BESAR ANAK MAK.

Even though my mat and I will ride/drive past the BTO site at least once a week, we'll always jenguk from belakang only and didn't realize that the blocks in front pun dah cecah 13 levels + multi-storey carpark dah naik 2 tingkat!!!!! The alarming part was when this future neighbour of ours cakap the 2nd level unit dah ada glass windows dah. GOT LIKE THAT ONE MEH??? The block itself belum habis building the levels and 2nd level dah ada glass windows?!?!?! :O

We're very terkejut katak at the rate our friendly neighbourhood construction workers are working and the speed the flats are being built - the probable completion date is supposed to be 31st August 2014 (a day before my mat's 30th birthday!) but nampak gaya macam will get earlier kan?! Our block is left with 1 more level (altogether 14 levels), block block depan left with 3 more levels (altogether 16 levels) whereas the multi-storey carpark left with 3 or 4 levels, I think. 

If we do get our flats earlier, say, early 2014, that means... this year will be my last year spending Ramadhan and Raya at my parents' place WTF I've only mentally prepared myself to move out from my parents' place after next year's Ramadhan and Raya lor!

I'm not really sure what to make out of this for me personally - while I do want to have my own place and have freedom and privacy with my own husband, I think I'm starting to panic at the idea that I'll no longer be with my family under one roof and for them to be there for me to layan, to kacau and to fuss over like how I've done for the past... twenty odd years? Ok sudah eh geng, I shall not talk about this any longer for now because I tak nak become emotional wreck dalam office. Kalau suddenly start bergelinangan airmata dalam office nanti my boss pikir I dah lose my marbles pulak.

(My mamat jangan cakap lah, dia punya yahoo yahoo yang lebih sebab boleh pakai boxers je and have his own kitchen at our own home nanti instead of having to be tertib in front of my parents and sisters and sharing the kitchen with my supermother)

Anyway! Can't remember if I've updated about this already, but since my last entry about our post-wedding living arrangements, my mat and I have decided to stay at my place after our wedding because of these two main reasons:

(1) my room is much bigger and better equipped to accommodate the two of us; and

(2) my mat needs to familiarize himself with Tampines before having his own home in Tampines next year nya ha ha ha.

I've broached the idea of sprucing up my current bedroom since we'll be staying at my place after our wedding and my mat immediately jumped on the chance to list down several things that he wants to do and change to my bedroom. Oh bila part ni kau hidup eh! Teruk sangat ke bilik aku??? Kadang kadang memang nampak macam concentration camp ah tapi once in awhile bila aku rajin kemas, ada sipi sipi macam bilik Duchess of Cambridge jugak, what. (Ni lah orang panggil, perangai perah santan ("perasantan") hahahahaha)

I don't really mind the change though because it'll be a nice mini project that we can embark on other than the wedding preparations... plus it will help us to run through decor ideas for our actual home! Siang siang I dah promise my mat that I'll leave all the details and the fussing to him when it comes to home decor (since he's letting me have my fun with the wedding) and I plan to keep to that promise as much as I can. I hope.

Unsurprisingly, ini anak dah declare that he will paint my bedroom in grey and white (tak habis habis, gi kahwin lah dengan cat colour grey and white kau tu!!!). But since we've talked about adding at least one more colour into the combo, I'm thinking of adding red or pink! He mentioned turquoise / mint during our discussion too, and I think that would make a pretty fab colour combination as well.

My mat suggested chevron prints to "spice" it up a little but I think I like stripes better when it comes to home decor.






Very prettz hor!!!

There's a few ways that we can consider painting up our stripes: Vertical, horizontal, thin, thick, multi-coloured or on the ceilings, so we'll need to agree which type we want to incorporate! I quite like the striped bedroom ceiling idea, actually. Something like this:







How adorable is this bedroom kan?!

Plus it has elements of what my mat and I thought of separately - he wanted to pair light grey and white with light turquoise/mint whereas I wanted to pair light grey and white with red or pink! Combine them together and we'll get an awesome colour combination for our bedroom right??? (As you can see, I am trying to sneakily bring in more than three colours to the mix muahahaha)

Or maybe we can leave the walls and ceiling alone and paste/paint stripes on the ceiling fan instead! OMGZZZ too cute.
 
If I had my way, I'd paint our walls in a mix of colours, like this, of course:

(Source: Davinong)

Heh heh heh!

But I don't want pressure him into having a colourful bedroom or a colourful home and be an "isteri derhaka" so let's leave it at that, shall we??? Hahahahaha.

(About the "isteri derhaka" reference: It's actually a running joke between my mat and I. My mat can be quite an action bedek hero hindustan sometimes because he is SO DRAMA MAMA OMG mak si heroine yang kat dalam cerita hindustan pun tak drama macam si dekni eh. Which is why, when we get into one of our heated arguments once in awhile, he'll become bloody dramatic and say things mockingly like "I sedih sebab you derhaka dengan I!" or "You zalim! Kenape you zalim dengan I!" or the whole menusuk jiwa dengan duri berbisa works hahahahaha. This method is quite a good thing actually, because most times by the time I finish laughing my ass off at his OTT dramatics, I'd have forgotten what we were arguing about)

[Related story: Last year, I pulled a trick on him prior to our 3D2N Bintan trip with my polymates - my polymates and I have a history of doing very merepek things together so the night before our departure I told my mat that he has to wear his baju melayu to the ferry terminal because we had plans to record a Hari Raya music video onboard the ferry. It took me less than a minute of convincing before he offered to wear his black baju melayu for the occasion. Later that night I tweeted about successfully tricking him, but he only checked his mentions on Twitter the next morning and realized that he'd been tricked HAHAHAHAHA and this was what he sent me via Whatsapp:


HAHAHAHAHA DRAMA MALAYSIA SAK INI ANAK.]

Can't wait for end of June now because that's when we'll start painting and cleaning and making the necessary arrangements in anticipation for his move-in after the wedding. Need to get it done before Ramadhan and Raya because if you look at our checklist, our schedule after Raya is starting to look very, very tight. This is all very very exciting, but very real and very scary at the same time. Gah! Here's to busier days ahead, guys!

P.S. Sorry if this is a repetitive post because the later portion of this entry was actually filed under Drafts from my previous Wordpress account... and I have no idea whether I've published it before because I can't seem to find a published version! Kalau barang repeat pun, you terima je seadanye lah eh.

10 comments:

  1. hahhahah! omg! the derhaka part!! why so funnyy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. merepek kan itu anak! i always laugh like crazy whenever he starts his dramatics hahahahaha

      Delete
  2. Is that fast or what?! We applied for our Pasir Ris flat in May 2011 and right now it's only up to the 3rd or 4th floor! And they expect it to be completed by 3rd quarter 2014?

    On one hand, macam tak sabar nak move in. On the other, if we don't get to move in earlier, at least we'll get to save a bit more. Ahh so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, damn fast, right??? we only applied in January 2012 tau o_O

      and i totally agree with what you say - partly excited to have our own home, partly scared because we want to make sure we have sufficient funds for it. definitely something to look forward to after the whole wedding shebang is over!


      Delete
  3. hahahaha so cepat lah your BTO, and it's so near to TP and the shops kan. nanti saliheen pakai boxers, budak-budak TP semue diri on the overhead bridge pulak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya lah, it's as if dorang jalan masuk expressway seh!

      hahahahaha budak budak TP semua diri on the overhead bridge eh?! i think semua will get ready nak terjun from there sebab traumatized nampak si saliheen in boxers ni hahaha

      Delete
  4. Omg the part yang dia gosok baju kurung tu kelakar gila! Hahahahahaha. I tersengih-sengih ni kat dalam staff room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so kelakar right!!! i felt sooooo bad but at the same time, tak boleh tahan seh ketawa just before i met him for the trip lol

      Delete
  5. waaaah the construction people pakai Energizer battery eh?? Ke hari2 minum redbull. lincah nya babe!
    before you know it, you'll be out there fretting over which reno co. to choose and discussing quotations with your hubby! lol


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why lah!!! don't know dorang do so fast for what sia.

      as it is, now saliheen and i dah start gelisah whether we should start researching for contractors and renovations quotes segala... but rasa rasa macam nak concentrate on the wedding dulu lah eh, bab bab rumah boleh letak belakang aisbox dulu lol

      Delete