Sunday, February 24, 2013

this is a story about my McDreamy

Have you seen how berjangkit the love story timeline post by Eleventh October is?! Few Stolen Seconds and Elziii have already done theirs and now that I have a little bit of free time at home, I'mma give it a shot jugak! Jeng jeng jenggg.

Ok lah, actually there's nothing really much to say since there's a brief outline of our story in the Al-Kisah tab but I thought I'd do something I've been wanting to do - which is to officially compile selected special moments that happened before our relationship started into one entry so I don't have to waste time choosing archives at random whenever I start feeling nostalgic about the beginnings of our relationship haha (Yes, that's what I've been doing, and YES, AKU BETUL PEH KUASA)

I've been blogging since I was 14 and have pretty much stored all my teenage and young adult life memories in blog entries, including the zaman purba days when I used to blog about my then-crush, now-fiance! Sekarang bila baca balik, very the geli hati with how kentalan buah lychee I was!!!

And it was only recently baru I let him read the blog entries himself - before this I've always refused to let him read the blog entries no matter how hard he begged or whatever beruang comel face he made. Maklumlah, sejak dua menjak nak dekat jadi suami isteri ni kan..... everything also want to share share lor. Hehehe.

Ok lah, our story ni takde main chak chak sampai actually ada chance to meet each other at earlier stages of our lives ah but you know what they say in peribahasa lists - ikan di laut, asam di darat, akhirnya bertemu di belanga juga! (Well, in our case, the belanga was called Temasek Polytechnic ah hahahahaha)

I also don't have a manis semanis kuih koci high school secondary school sweetheart story because I didn't really warm up to the idea of tying myself down to one person early in life and preferred to see what kind of boys (and girls hwa hwa) the world had to offer - seriously tabik you all you all yang ada high school secondary school sweetheart love story! Attention span baik pe geng.

Personally I didn't have enough attention span (or love!) to give to the guys I went out with in my teens on an exclusive basis... well yeah, either that, or I just didn't meet the right boys earlier on ah kwa kwa kwaaaaa (I'm on good terms with most of my exes because they are lovely individuals, though, and we've had really great times together; cuma unfortunate our jodoh memang not written in the stars.)

I guess in a way this is why my mamat is extra awesome and extra special because someway somehow he managed to keep my attention, win my love and be the right person for me when the others weren't? :P

Anyway, let me now bring you back to the world of a 19-year-old who experienced crush-at-first-sight when she saw a big and dark mamat Melayu with bontot kurang ajar at the entrance of Business School back in 2006...

11 May 2007


I first saw my mat loitering at the Business School entrance while people-watching outside the school library in late 2006 but it was only on my birthday the following year that I finally blogged my first entry about him in my private blog. Little did I know my belated tuah birthday will datang the week after... 

(By the way, in case you're wondering about the McDreamy nickname - I used to be a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy back in poly (not a fan after the second season because that damn show became more and more sappy and ridiculous with every episode argh so menyampah) and decided to name my mat McDreamy, a nickname popularized by the TV show, since I didn't know his name back then.)

18 May 2007 


The first time I talked to my mat and asked for his name was a week after my 1st private blog entry about him!!! It was Campus Care Network (CCN) day in school and his class was selling kaya toast at their booth. Approached his booth with the intention of asking for his name and after successfully dodging his classmate (who wouldn't stop talking to me ERMAGAD SERIOUSLY HOW INTERESTING CAN KAYA TOAST BE YOU FREAK, WHAT IS THIS, A GUIDED TOUR OF THE KAYA TOAST MUSEUM?!), I managed to strike up a conversation with the man himself while he was preparing my order: 

"Hello! What's your name?" 
"Errrrr... Saliheen..."
"Oh hello Saliheen! Is your... kaya toast any good?"
"Uhm... You'll have to taste it yourself to know..."

Aku macam nak reply, "Baby, I'd taste *you* myself to know if you're as good as you look" HAHAHAHAHA BUT CANNOT TUNJUK BELANG MASA TIME FIRST INTRODUCTION LAH KAN WTF

By the way, have I mentioned how surprised I was when I first heard his voice? I WAS SO SURPRISED BY HIS VOICE OK!!! Badan abang abang body, muka fierce matrep tapi bila berbual suara macam wanita Melayu terakhir. Kalau masuk pertandingan lawan suara siapa lagi lemah lembut, mesti perempuan melayu terakhir tu yang kalah, geng.

1 August 2007 





ERMAGAD THOSE EYES! ~ CAIR ~

[Explanation: The reason why I said this was "the first appearance of my school crush in my blog" is because of the fact that I had 1 Livejournal account that I'd set to public or friends-only viewing (main public blog) and 1 Multiply account that was private to a select group of friends (side private blog). So this entry considered his first appearance on my main blog lah kirakan. (That's a very irritating explanation, I know.)]

22 May 2008



We took our first picture together masa time ni! Might put up the picture when I'm less malu hahaha

Oh, and sorry kena black out some portions! Tu part a bit the ~controversial~ topic so kena censored sikit ah hahahahaha. (Oh, if you're in my Livejournal friends list you can still access and read the entry kalau you semangat Hang Jebat ah haha)

I didn't think much about the whole exchange, really - at that point of time, I only saw him as just another fantasy, another crush, another boy I'll chuck aside after knowing him in person because he'll be too boring / too serious / too burdensome / too possessive (paling benci!) / too much of a douchebag - all my previous crushes always turned out to be different from what I fantasized them to be and I expected him to be no different.

But a text message one week later turned into another that turned into an MSN chat that turned into another that turned into a phonecall that turned into another that turned into "coffee at Spinelli" that turned into another that turned into "drinks at Coffee Bean" that turned into another that turned into "dinner at TCC" that turned into another that turned into...


1 November 2008 


And there you have it.

A few months into the relationship, despite our very rocky start, I decided that our relationship felt right (this coming from a girl who never once muttered "I love you" to her (ex)boyfriend from her previous longest relationship) and he agreed that we felt right - so we promised each other that kalau takde aral melintang we'll get married to each other in five years' time, in shaa Allah.

And now that our five-year plan will finally come to fruition in eight months' time, it looks like we're keeping our first promise to each other and we're pretty much right on track, yes? :D

Post-editted [as at 25 February 2013]:

I really shouldn't have started reading back all my blog archives about our relationship's early days for my earlier entry because it has the same damning effect as makan Pringles - once you pop, you just can't stop.

Found two old videos that I posted on my old blog because it hit very close to home during the early stages of our relationship, and now I'm chuckling over how I was (is?) very much like Cristina Yang and my mamat was (is?) very much like Preston Burke (Told ya I used to be a huge Grey's Anatomy fan lulz)



Ah, such bloody sappy memories. Kenapa time muda muda very emosi eh?!

Also found this gem of an old blog post dated 3 July 2008:


(By the way, ME is uhmmm... me (haha) and MD is shortform for McDreamy.) Fancy talking about the possibility of getting married to each other on our first date eh?

That said, I look forward to receiving a nice black box on our 10th wedding anniversary, you sentimental bastard.

10 comments:

  1. EH MANA YOUR LIKE BUTTON? oh takde eh? Haha. SOooo like! That's the thing about blogging huh - it's always there so you cannot forget :)

    And wow to the 5th year anniversary thing :) So nice and boleh timing plak tu! Insya'allah mine will be on my 10th year anniversary. Boleh dapat long service award, geng.

    Andddd - you PAPAR kan nama i kat sini?! hahahahaah. haiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! so many other entries that made me smile or laugh bila baca balik and sooo best lah reminisce time time baru kenal ^^

      wah your love story x2 of mine sia the duration!!! amazeballs.

      and what what what is your name supposed to be a secret?!?!?! don't worry lah, quite a lot of girls have your name, my secondary school dulu each batch mesti ada three or four girls with your name O_O

      but aiyah don't fret ok, i edit already ok, for you punya pasal hehe

      Delete
  2. Awwww bestnye long time crush turned boyfriend! I'm sure most girls dream about their crushes eventually becoming their boyfriend hehe. Those personal blog entries are truly gems and made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! it still feels surreal sometimes - when i first saw him, i didn't think that i'll end up marrying him one day *shy face*

      best kan ada the blog entries! times like these, i'm really thankful i was so semangat when it came to blogging hur hur

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwwwww.... I don't have any love story to tell... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what!!!!! cannot be!!! there has to be some kind of story kan! D:

      Delete
  4. i also tgh carik like button ni! lols! super like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nak tengok videooo yang dia joget (AND YOURS TOO!!!!) HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YOU REMEMBER WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I actually thought of posting up his video tau but then malu lah! somemore i found out that his colleagues and my colleagues read this blog sooo tak senonoh lah "professionally" hahaha

      Delete