Sunday, December 9, 2012

hey newbie, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey newbie

I can haz a make-up artist (MUA) for our post-wedding photoshoot!

Hahahahaha ok ok actually amidst the booking of service providers and planning the guestlist and itinerary, the thought of getting a MUA for our post-wedding photoshoot didn't exactly cross my mind. When we first booked a slot with Bliss Photocinema, my only thought was "Well ok, since it's a casual photoshoot, I'll just get Nani to make me up or worse come to worse just pergi kedai buat make-up and hairstyling" so I didn't exactly keep a lookout for a MUA.

And then, my dear Dyana recently launched her freelance MUA services on Facebook! So I thanked her for officially launching, asked her for her rates and boomz - I can haz a MUA for my photoshoot!

Hee hee hee.

Ok I know you must be wondering - who exactly is this Dyana ni? The new and improved version of Diana from Janji Diana ke?!?!?! Oh tidak, my friends!!!

Hahahahaha I have obviously picked up some dramatics from my very dramatic auta keling mamat. (Do you know that if he snubs his toe or something minor like a scratch or what, he will wail about how he is injured, make his breathing fast and short and cry out that he will need medical attention, an ambulance, anything?! DRAMA NAK MAMPOS.)

I actually know Dyana from sometime back - we didn't hang out or anything (although she once passed me a bag of gummy bears through a secret backdoor hahaha dodgy much pe kita) but we're on each other's social media so we've been connected online for quite awhile. I've seen her make-up works on Instagram and really liked it but she can do super simple and she can do dramatic bold colours - really versatile!

As a fresh face in the industry, of course tak banyak to showcase but some of her few works here:









 (Source: Lipgloss by Dyana)

Eh, very interesting eh all these MUAs. They all semua ada "by" "by" - you know - Faceworks by Juliana Naim, Magic Touch by Wiwit Anggun, Faces by Sarah dan segala macam by by by lah. Kalau aku lah MUA, mesti aku call myself "Puakaface by Farhana". Siapa yang nak muka make-up nampak macam puaka, ah silalah kasi aku make-upkan muka kau ye hahahahaha (Nampak nampaknye time Halloween je baru make-up services aku akan laku ye)

Ok berbalik kepada kami di studio satu.

I think it's a well-known fact that one of the awesome things about getting service providers who are new to the market is that their rates are usually awesomely cheap, and it's no different for Lipgloss by Dyana! So if you have engagements ke, photoshoots ke, dinner and dance ke, suka suka nak duduk rumah feeling feeling datin sambil tunggu husband balek from kerja ke, and don't see a need to spend a bomb for it then Dyana's your girl for it ok!

Cakap punya cakap pasal fresh faces in the industry, you all ada nampak kelibat fresh new face of a wedding photographer tak??? I got nampak, you know! And it came in this form:






 


[More stuff over at their Facebook but naturally, not that many wedding albums because they just started out in October! If you like their work and decide to engage them then next time your album pulak lah yang akan masuk their portfolio and tolong other pengantins-to-be decide whether to engage them for wedding photographers ke tak ^^]

Price-wise, same thing - much lower than the big boy players in the market because newbie ma sooooo if you belum dapat wedding photographer, this is a company you can consider - catch them before they naik harga sampai setanding with the other photographers in the market ok!

Ok guys. Since we're on the topic of new players, guess which newbie is also coming into the market???




You see the two pelamins and decor in my instagram pictures above??? Everything painstakingly and lovingly DIY-ed by the pengantins (and their awesome helpers)! Super awesome considering that they're first-timers at this, please. Planning a wedding is tough enough but to pull everything off yourself without professional help??? Takes hard work and dedication, y'all. Respect.

What makes me very happy and excited is that they've decided to establish their own wedding decor and catering company and will be able to cater to different styles and tastes of fellow pengantins-to-be. Shall wait for the newly-weds to come back from their honeymoon (they're flying off only next week) before blogging more about this new venture of theirs.

You all just tunggu snug and tight in your seats ok. Now if you will excuse me, akak have a wedding to go to in an hour's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment