Thursday, November 8, 2012

VERA WANG. $1100. MUST BUY FOR WEDDING.

Remember the #natazmin wedding that I blogged about last month?

Great news for those who loved the bride's super gorgeous bridal gown!

I met Nat for lunch a day before my engagement and had a really wonderful time chatting and sharing stories about weddings and wedding vendors in general. I was particularly excited when we talked about her bridal gown, because Nat mentioned that she wants to sell off her bridal gown!

(For practical reasons, of course - bila lagi dia nak pakai ini bridal gown kan??? Takkan dia nak wear the bridal gown out for dinner with friends or worse, to another majlis kahwin or what kan! Hahahahaha pengantin perempuan mengamuk, menggila dan membuas seh nanti.)

Nat very generously offered to sell it off to me if I really love her wedding gown - which I do! I really do! - but this won't work for me because:

(1) I don't want to kena sembelih by my conservative parents

(2) I don't want to kena sembelih by my conservative future parents-in-law

(3) even if I don't mind kena sembelih by dua dua pihak, I don't think I can lose enough weight to fit a US size 4... which is UK size 8? Oh my, I've don't think I've ever been UK size 8 at any point of my life! Even if I do achieve my goal of losing weight and I go back to my original weight, I was always on the bigger side of UK size 10.

Well, my loss is your gain, so..... GORGEOUS VERA WANG BRIDAL GOWN FOR SALE, GUYS!!!!!



 (Source: Kid Chan)

Designer: Vera Wang (White Collection), only available for purchase in New York City (NYC)
Model: VW351011 (organza fit-and-flare gown with draped bodice and hand-cut bias flange skirt)
Size: US 4
Colour: Ivory
Details: 
- Fully lined; back zip; modern train
- Bought in NYC in July 2012 and hand-carried back
- Only worn for 1 dinner event in Sept 2012, and dry-cleaned straight after, fantastic condition
- Original retail price was S$1752. Selling for S$1100

YES. $1100. NOT KIDDING.

Vera Wang bridal gown at S$1100 only leh!!! Mana mau dapat! Kalau try cari in Singapore, sure won't dapat because kat sini Vera Wang bridal gowns usually cost S$12,000 and go way up up up! Nat tried on a gown that was very similar in design to the one she wore for her wedding at The Link in Palais Renaissance, and it was a whooping S$14,900 ok.

Fourteen thousand nine hundred Singapore dollars, bro.

Tinggal tambah a few ribu more dah boleh dapat complete wedding package sebiji from Decorama Wedding Services or Anggun Wedding Services, bro.

Even if you want to get a designer/bridal house to tailor a similar bridal gown for you, the material required to replicate the delicateness is expensive and with tailoring costs factored in, altogether might cost you, I don't know, $3000++, $5000++? Help me out here, designer friends. 

So to all interested buyers! You can contact Natasha directly at taschaa[at]gmail[dot]com ok!

P.S. Yes, her official wedding photographer is the well-known Malaysian photographer from across the causeway, Kid Chan from Kid Chan Studio!

P.P.S. Nat shared with me about her wedding planner Kak Roslinah from Mahligai Asmara who did a fantastic job at handling her wedding - I was very surprised to hear her rates because it was much cheaper than I expected! So kalau you're pressed for time and/or prefer to leave your wedding planning to a professional, you can call Kak Roslinah at 93865465 or look see look see through Mahligai Asmara's Facebook first ok. Semua settle ditanggung beres, babe.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Farnamals

    I am honoured for the mentioned. Thank you!

    Kak Roslina
    Mahligai Asmara, a service of Wedding & Romance Pte Ltd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Nat really raved about your services and I trust her judgment so I'm sure you did a brilliant job. Will definitely recommend you if I have btb friends who are looking for planners :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. not very sure, babe! you can email my friend Nat at taschaa[at]gmail[dot]com to ask about its availability okay? just let her know you read this entry :)

      Delete