Saturday, July 28, 2012

much ado about hairdo

Trying to find inspiration on how to do my hair for our engagement!

Since we’re trying to keep our engagement simple, Nani will be doing my hair and make-up instead of a professional MUA. (When did this trend of engaging professional MUA for engagements start, anyway?) I trust her skillz because she has made me up fabulously for a few of our past night-out shenanigans heh heh heh so hopefully I’ll look bright and glowing to terima my future parents-in-law over at my place.

Might have to remind her yang ini pertunangan yang suci eh, bukan crazy girls’ night out eh – so all the smoky eyes effect and face glitter tu semua tolong letak tepi esbok. I think I want fresh and light make-up for my engagement! Itu pun kalau menjadi lah, I don’t have enough natural beauty to pull off light make-up lah actually HAHAHA

But for now, hair! Hair! What hair shall I have!

I’m thinking along the lines of messy side swept hair, something like this hairstyle which I’ve posted in an earlier entry before.

I’m especially liking this one – a side-swept ponytail:

(Source: Unknown)

(Tutorial here.)

I’ve been bragging to my mother and my sisters and my mat about how my hair is now long enough for me to tie my hair without using a hairband (I now tie my hair by using my own hair to lilit and ikat instead). It saves me the trouble of having to search high and low for hairbands in the house!

(I have 10 million rubberbands at home tapi dorang semua macam bandits, suka hilang hilang sembunyikan diri so everytime aku rasa macam nak put up reward poster just to get one of them back.)
Unfortunately, I don’t think my hair is that long to be able to pull off the hairdo above… nanti sure nampak weird because my hair will be pulled up shorter :-(

Maybe just a simple side sweep with a hairband? Will that be too casual?

(Source: Style Bistro)

Or with fishtail braids?

(Source: Unknown)

Keep it simple but interesting with a side ponytail and flower?


Feeling feeling macam nak channel some Beyonce elegance?

(Source: Hairstyle Twist)
The downside about this style: I think I’ll be conscious about my jawline! Sooo I might just end up leaving my hair as it is (buns and ponytails are a no-no – my jawline lagi kena exposed seh gitu). Maybe just add an accessory?
Flower clips?

(Source: Spring Crafts)

Silk Ribbons?

(Source: Zimbio)
Bulu ayam? (Not a fan of feathers but this is pretty nice heh)
(Source: One Wed)

Flower head garlands are pretty too! But not something I’d wear for an engagement…

(Source: Luulla)

(Source: Etsy)


A dressy hairband so it won’t look too casual?


My, my, my, I very like this lace one very much!

(Source: Love Wed Bliss)

Especially love this one!

(Source: Etsy)

Ooooohhh how about putting bendealah yang kelip kelip ni to my hair??? Sempena tengah musim kita berpuasa dan nak berhari raya ni, ambik inspiration from lampu lap lip lah pulak hahahahaha


For that extra glow lah konon! 

Hahaha I’m kidding, of course. Gila pe nak pasang lampu kelip kelip gini kat rambut bila time tunang?! Nanti end up mak aku tak gantung lampu lap lip, dia gantung aku pulak kat luar tingkap.

No comments:

Post a Comment