Tuesday, May 28, 2013

to veil or to turband

Remember an entry last year when I was fretting over what hairdo to have for my engagement and mentioned that my sister gave me a fab idea which I really liked but decided not to use because it might be too young and too casual for a formal engagement?

It suddenly struck me that I can use that idea of hers for my outdoor photoshoot instead!!!

And since I haven't mentioned what exactly my sister's idea for my engagement hairdo was - it's actually this pretty little thing called turband! Ok lah, this bendealah turband has been around for a few years already lah but it's a classic piece that will tahan for decades okay! Plus I really like the idea of wearing a turband for my outdoor photoshoot!!!

(Source: 8 Makeup)

(Source: The Letter 4)


(Source: Unknown)

 (Source: Dans La Vie)

(Source: Fashion Breed)




(Source: Cult Gaia)

(Unknown)

(Source: Style Bistro)

(Source: Wanelo)

(Source: Art Symphony)

 (Source: Unknown) 

(Source: Unknown)

(Source: Project Ethos)

(Source: Unknown)

(Source: The Examiner)

(Source: Dolls Kill)

(Source: Tokyo Ms Kicks)
(Source: Tokyo Ms Kicks)




 (Source: Etsy)

I quite like the lace ones but nanti macam pakai lace undies kat kepala pulak eh HAHA

***************

Ok, I am ridiculously obsessed with this idea now!!!!! 

(Eh even Justin Bieber digs the look ok ha ha ha ha ha.)

And I know just the person to go to for turbands in Singapore!!! Gypsied!!! Wooooohoo! But of course there's a huge collection on Etsy as well lah, tinggal search for "turband" and I'll have thousands of turband possibilities in my hands.

I'm not sure if turbands work for full-figured women with round faces, though. Even if I lose weight in time for the photoshoot, I'll still have my round-shaped muka cheeseburger to worry about. Hmmm. Maybe I'll do a trial at home and see how it looks on me - if it makes me look like a lemang then I'll probably just settle for a simple hair bow or a single flower by the side of my head instead.


EH MACAM MANA NI?! I got one kepala only, which one to pakai ni?!?!?!

Should I pakai the veil and bow during the first half of the photoshoot pastu tukar to turband during the second half??? Should I wear the veil for photoshoot and wear turband for something else like Raya visiting instead??? (Oh ho ho I can just hear the makcik pakcik gripe with a "ishhh pakai tudung, tak nak" haha) Or should I make my mat wear the veil whereas I wear the turband instead???!!! Hahahahaha.

OH, OR SHOULD I COMBINE BOTH

 (Source: Etsy)


(Source: Etsy)

Haiiiii why am I making myself go through this kind of decision-making process ni.

2 comments:

  1. I think the veil and turb idea looks good with ur hair down. U could try all and see which best suits u. It is very important to bear in mind that the pics are taken frm org poteh pkai ape pon lawa. We melayu kulit melayu might not be suitable. Try it all then post here n do a vote! Woohoo! #mcmpahamonly #oppsnottwitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you for the suggestion babe, will definitely keep that in mind! and alamak, malu lah nak buat vote vote ni semua, macam singapore idol or the final one lah pulak lol

      Delete