Tuesday, July 10, 2012

which dress should you marry?

I’ve been casually browsing through different bridal sites to get inspiration for the kind of wedding dinner dress that I want but I don’t have any concrete ideas at the moment – just vague, flitting ideas on how I’d like my wedding dinner dress to look like.

At this point, I’m not even sure whether I want to customize my own wedding dress (something that I will wear only once, unless I tailor it such that it can be worn again or it can be altered to become a more wearable piece). In fact, one of the ideas that I have in mind is to just get a casual short dress that I’ll be comfortable in so I can terkinja-kinja comfortably for the wedding dinner portion hahahahaha kalau dress with long train segala how to terkinja kinja!

Tripping aku nanti.

So I thought: Ok, why not start by figuring out what kind of dress will flatter my body shape and will look good on me, play around with ideas based on that and then see if I like it enough to go down the customization route?

I think I should go back to basics and familiarize myself with basic dress shapes that I’ve learnt in one of my poly CDS (Cross-Disciplinary Subject) – 21st Century Fashion!

Ok lah, I took that CDS because it sounded like fun (does it not) but the lessons were really light so aku taklah sampai boleh transform into Donna Karan ke ape lah kan. Donna Karat ade lah. Sometimes the baju that I choose to buy don’t even flatter my body type! (Abeh admit sendiri eh hahaha) Sekarang pun I can only vaguely remember some of the names of the dress silhouettes – empire, sheath and a-line. Dah. Tu je yang aku ingat. Haha!

But in the meantime, sambil sambil refresh memory, I think I’ll use this as a guide:

(Source: Bridezilla)

(… I’ve always thought some empire waist cuts are no good for full figure bodies, though. Hmmm. And tak ke biadap ini guide cuma kasi dua options je for full figures whereas the other body types ada tiga??? Dengki.)

Haiz. And that’s just the shape/silhouette je tau.

I also have to consider necklines! Whether the neckline will kena or flatter or accentuate my jawline ke tak! And whether the neckline will elicit screaming fits from my mother and my future mother-in-law ke tak! Hahahahaha


Ala so leceh…

Haiz tak jadi lah. I think I’ll stick to whatever my bridal house ada lah.

(Hahaha perangai quitter sak.)

No comments:

Post a Comment